#

About Us: Company History

rebuildingfriscopdf

Linoleum Sales was purchased by Armand “Chris” Christophe from Tony Alameda in 1954 and was formally incorporated in 1965. The business continued to operate from the Berkeley location for 40 years. In 1973, Linoleum Sales, Inc. acquired the Anderson Carpet Company from Ralph Anderson and Branch Chin. At this time the current corporate entity of Anderson Carpet & Linoleum Sales Co., Inc. was established.The original Linoleum Sales firm operated from 1706 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley, as a flooring organization installing mostly Armstrong resilient flooring, primarily in the San Francisco Bay Area. There were initially 7 employees – 4 installation staff, 3 management/sales/procurement personnel and 3 trucks/vehicles. Chris partnered early on with Armstrong, and Linoleum Sales was responsible for the installation of more than 2,500,000 square feet of Armstrong resilient flooring from 1960-1980. Please read Armstrong Logic Publication for more details.Anderson Carpet Company was primarily involved in the residential carpet and linoleum market throughout the Bay Area. Subsequent to the 1973 acquisition, the new Anderson Carpet & Linoleum Sales Co., Inc. organization was able to offer a full range of flooring products and installation services through both the Berkeley and Oakland facilities. The new organization quickly grew to 35 employees – 25 installation staff, 10 management/sales/ procurement personnel and 24 trucks/vehicles. In 1991 the Linoleum Sales location in Berkeley was reduced to a residential products showroom only in 1991 and business functions were consolidated to the 4101 Broadway, Oakland facility. This enabled more efficient operations through centralization of procurement, inventories and dispatch scheduling.The Berkeley store was finally closed in 1994, consolidating all residential/commercial and administrative functions at the 4101 Broadway site. Successful business growth continued and by 2005, it had outgrown the capacity of 4101 Broadway and satellite 3421 Hollis warehouse locations.In 2007, a 30,000 square foot building at 1000 West Grand Avenue, Oakland was purchased. Following extensive renovations, the majority of business operations were relocated to the West Grand Avenue location. The current structure has centralized all procurement, warehousing, management, accounting, scheduling and dispatch functions at the West Grand Avenue site. The 4101 Broadway facility has been converted to a residential product showroom, staffed with sales/estimating service personnel. We’ve had a presence in Sacramento since 2002, and as of November 2008, we have had a permanent commercial office.   familysf1960 
Contact us for a consultation at 510-652-1032 or